Atkinsons can provide your business with day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year and ad hoc services.
Whether you are a limited company, partnership, sole trader, charity or a not-for-profit organisation, accurate accounting is vital for the management and control of your business.
Our first step is to work with you so we can gain a full understanding of your business. We then tailor our approach to your requirements so we can provide exactly the service you need.
As a firm we are always up to date with the latest advice and guidance on the layout and substance of statutory financial statements. So you can rest assured that your accounts will be prepared correctly.
Very rarely does a business require just accounting services. We aim to provide you with an all round package tailored to your needs, adding business support services below.
Business support encompasses day-to-day, month-to-month assistance with your business requirements. This will include RTI payroll, VAT Returns, management accounts, accounting software and bookkeeping.
- RTI Payroll - whether your business has one or 100 employees, we can provide efficient RTI compliant solutions for your payroll. Our service is typically provided on a weekly or monthly basis and will include a timely summary provided to the Company in order to pay the salaries, payslips sent directly to staff by email, notice to pay PAYE owing, starters and leavers and form p11Ds
- VAT Returns - we offer a full range of VAT services including flat rate, accrual and cash schemes, monthly returns, EC sales lists, import & export advice and MOSS Returns.
- Management accounts / reports - coupled with Xero, we can offer real time management information to really help you drive your business forward by having up to date figures on a timely basis.
- Accounting software - we specialise in Xero and its associated add-ons for small business. For larger businesses we support other platforms, such as Sage.
- Bookkeeping - we can provide advice and support to enable you to efficiently and quickly embed you data into your cloud solution.
Whether you have a Company paying corporation tax or you are employed / self-employed paying income tax and NI, careful tax planning is required to ensure the best outcome for both the company and the individuals concerned. Atkinsons can provide expert help with:
- Preparation of annual corporation tax returns
- Tax planning for single shareholder and director companies
- Research & Development tax relief
- Tax advice on capital gains and investments
- Advice on group structures, inter-group trading, asset transfer, group acquisition and disposals
- Advice on offshore companies and foreign controlled companies
- Advice in connection with VAT, NI employee and director benefits legislation
- Tax planning for directors
- Revenue investigation and dispute settlement negotiations
- Structured reviews to maximise tax planning opportunities
- A review of the tax implications of the purchase or sale of a business
- Forensic tax reviews and reports
- Overseas tax advice
We carry out voluntary and statutory audits for SMEs, charities, solicitors, pension schemes, and quoted companies.
The audit creates an ideal opportunity to assess the qualitative aspects of financial management and reporting systems.
Your audit team is always fully briefed and is led by a partner and manager who have first-hand experience of the client’s needs and who can bring to bear a wide experience of similar organisations.
- Managing Risk - The audit offers an excellent opportunity to identify potential risks arising from weaknesses in your internal controls.
- Financial Reviews - If you do not need a full audit, a financial review can provide a flexible and cost-efficient alternative.
- Compliance with Accounting Rules - All companies must comply with the rules and regulations which apply to record keeping and accounts. Even if we do not report on your accounts as auditors, we can ensure that your accounts comply with the relevant rules and reflect the information you have supplied to us.
- Managing Your Finances - At every stage in the life of your business, from start-up to eventual flotation, services of one kind or another will be required. Financing and refinancing, budgeting, cash flow projections and management, liaison and negotiation with banks, identifying tax problems and potential savings, even flotation itself - we can help with them all.
There are many other ad hoc services we can provide you as an individual or business. Below is a summary of what we offer:
- Business plans for gaining investment or bank loans
- Solutions for complex VAT queries, specifically companies importing and exporting
- Advice on IR35 issues
- Mortgage certificates and SA302s
- Bespoke share and pension schemes for companies
- Share transfers and Shareholders' Agreements